Frequently Asked Questions
The most frequently asked questions are answered here
but if you still have questions, then please don’t hesitate to contact me
What are your opening hours?
When should I arrive for my appointment?
When I book my clients in, I do allow a small gap in between for clean down and setup but during my busy times this isn’t always possible. I do have a dedicated treatment room in my home salon however, I do not have a separate “waiting” room and therefore if you arrive early for your appointment, I may already be with someone and it will not be possible to be seen immediately. I ask if you can see that there is someone already having a treatment (blinds closed in my treatment room, car across driveway etc), that you wait patiently in your car and respect their treatment time.
If you arrive late I won’t be able to extend your session to the detriment of my next client.
How many sessions will I need?
Each person is unique and will respond differently to holistic therapies so this is quite a difficult question to answer. However as a guide line, if you are attending sessions for a specific condition I would normally recommend a minimum of 4 weekly sessions with follow up sessions to maintain the results. Holistic therapies especially reflexology, work on an accumulative basis, so whilst you will see some benefits after 1 session, in order to get lasting results, regular sessions will achieve the best results.
Please be assured however I will not pressure you into booking any more treatment sessions than you want, so you are free to stop treatments whenever suits you.
For fertility reflexology I usually recommend seeing me weekly for at least 2 menstrual cycles.
If you are having a session for treat purposes the number of sessions is completely up-to-you, and please feel free to come and see me as much as you like!
Where is your therapy room located?
I have a dedicated therapy room in my home.
My address is:
7 Greenfield Crescent
Swansea SA7 9SR
- From M4 – leave at J44 and head down A48 Peniel Green Road to traffic lights
- Turn left onto Fredrick Place, travel past Llansamlet Railway Station and Llansamlet Dr’s Surgery
- Continue forwards onto Bethel Road.
- At mini roundabout go straight across/first exit onto Trallwn Road
- Continue until you come to Trallwn Shops, turn left just before Carlos Chipshop onto Maes-Yr-Haf
- Turn immediately left onto Greenfield Crescent
- My house is 4 houses up on the left hand side – number 7
- Street parking is available without restrictions on Greenfield Crescent
If you are travelling to your appointment on a bus, please choose the 31,32 or 33 from the Quadrant Bus Station to Trallwn Road, then walk up Maes Yr Haf and onto Greenfield Crescent
Is there parking available?
There is unrestricted street parking available outside my home therapy room.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
Yes I do sell gift vouchers. These are available to purchase from my Online Shop. Gift Vouchers are available in amounts from £5.00 and are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase. They can be used as full or partial payment towards a treatment. Gift vouchers must be presented at time of the appointment.
Do you offer discounts/concessions?
Do you sell Bach Flower Remedies?
Yes I do. You are able to purchase tailor made Bach Flower Remedy bottles via my Online Shop. These will be shipped on receipt of payment and after a telephone or form consultation to ensure the most appropriate remedies are chosen for you.
How do I book?
Booking can be done via my Online Booking System.
If this is your first treatment session with me, please choose “Initial Consultation” from the list of available sessions.
Depending on which treatment length you choose, you will be shown a list of dates and times in bold text, that will accommodate the length of your required booking. If the date is greyed out there is currently no available appointments. Please follow the online instructions to complete your booking. If you experience any problems, please contact me on 07966 162046.
NB – Deposits/full payment is made using my Paypal account – this does not mean you have to have a Paypal account, as you can still pay by dr/cr card
How do I pay you?
Payment can be made using cash or dr/cr card. If you have booked using my Online Booking system, you can pay via dr/cr card. All advance payments are fully refundable up to 24 hours before your appointment time, just in case you need to cancel.
Is your therapy room accessible?
In order to access my therapy room you do have to walk down a sloped driveway and some steps, so unfortunately is not friendly for disabled clients. Please contact me if you are unable to manoeuvre steps to arrange possible alternatives.
How much do you charge?
- Initial Consultation (90 mins) – includes full consultation and tailored treatment – £50.00
- 30 mins Session – £35.00
- 60 mins Session – £40.00
- 90 mins Session – £60.00
During your session, I will tailor your time with me depending on your needs, wants and requirements on the day and you have all treatments available to you including, Reflexology (Advanced, Spinal, Conception, Maternity, Hot Stone or Reflexology Lymph Drainage) EFT, Matrix Reimprinting, Bach Flower Remedies, Massage, Reiki, Hopi Ear Candles
For a detailed price list of beauty treatments, please click here
What are your cancellation terms?
My cancellation terms are as follows:
- Where 24 hours notice is given of a cancellation, any prior payment will be returned.
- When 24 hours notice is not given, payments are non-refundable and the balance owing must be paid
- If you fail to show for the appointment, your treatment(s) will be charged at full cost.
- If part of a booking is cancelled or changed after arrival, the full cost of the treatment(s) as booked will remain payable upon departure.
- Course appointments missed or late cancelled, will automatically be deducted from course records.
I have a cancellation list with clients waiting for appointments, therefore I can often fill the appointment if I am given the required notice.
You can also move or cancel your appointment, within the required timescales, by clicking the appropriate links shown below in the email sent to you if you booked your appointment via my Online Booking System. If you booked directly with Sarah, please contact her to rearrange or cancel.
Please do let me know if you are experiencing any problems or are running late (providing you can safely contact me on 07966 162046).
As I am unable to judge reasons for change, cancellation or non-arrival, guests are reminded that no exceptions to the above conditions will be made and that any booking made with the salon (verbal or written) forms a legally binding contract.
Can I claim for my session through my health cash plan?
As a member of Babtac and also a fully qualified therapist, if your particular health cash plan covers the therapy you receive from me then yes, you can. Just ask me to provide you with a receipt when you pay.
Will I need to get undressed?
It will depend on the treatment you are having whether you need to be undressed or not.
- During reflexology treatments, I ask you to remove your shoes and socks.
- You will not need to undress during EFT, Matrix Reimprinting, Reiki or Hopi Ear Candles treatments.
- You will need to remove some clothing during a massage treatment, depending on the areas being treated. You will be asked to leave your underwear on. During your massage towels/blankets are used to ensure you retain your modesty and to keep you comfortable and warm. After our consultation, I will leave the room in order for you to undress as required and to make yourself comfortable on the couch, with towels and blankets available immediately to cover yourself with. I will move the towels as I massage each area and replace them when I have finished. On completion of your massage session, I will leave the room so you can get dressed again and will only return to the room once you have confirmed you are fully dressed.
What should I expect after my session?
After you have finished your treatment, I will offer you a glass of water. This is to flush out any toxins that may have been worked out by the treatment. I highly recommend drinking plenty of water for the rest of the day as well, to assist your body’s healing.
I recommend that after a treatment you take it easy and allow your body to start its healing journey. Whilst it will not harm you if you go straight back to work or to the gym etc most treatments are very relaxing and so you may simply not feel like re-engaging with your work or attending a body-pump session once you have finished the session.
If you are unsure about anything after your session, please contact me so I can put your mind at rest.